Join us for the second annual Fly-In Drive-In Movie Night! Enjoy a fun evening with activities for the kids, great food and of course, Disney's Planes: Fire and Rescue projected onto the hangar door after dark!
Friday Activities - August 26th GATES OPEN AT 6:00 PM
- - Static display aircraft
- - Hands on Remote Control Aircraft flying (weather permitting)
- - Hamburgers and hot dogs for sale by EAA Chapter 132
- - Snack food vendors
- - Fly-In guest arrivals
- - Paper Airplane Toss Contest with GREAT prizes
- - Overnight camping for Fly-In guests and volunteers
- - EAA Pancake Breakfast by Chapter 132
- - Flying Poker Run with prizes - Sponsored by IFC & Sporty's Pilot Shop
- - Introductory Flights available to the public
- - Twisted Cow will be there to provide cold treats!
- - We are pleased to announce that Sporty's Pilot Shop will help to sponsor the 2016 Poker Run on Saturday!
- - Fly-In Drive-In Movie Night Featured by EAA Online See Article
- - Check out EAA's Sport Aviation Magazine February, 2016 - "Fly-in Drive-in Movies Bring Crowds to FBO"
- - Smith Graphics
- - Sporty's Pilot Shop
- - Indiana Flight Center
- - Academy of Model Aeronautics
- - Experimental Aircraft Association
- - City of Elkhart
- - Air Supremacy Over Elkhart
The airport is Elkhart Municipal Airport, KEKM. We are a class D airport with an operating control tower on 119.5 and ground 121.8. The weather frequency is 124.47.
- - Let the tower know that you are here for the show
- - Aircraft parking will be on taxiway B between B1 and B3
- - For aircraft staying overnight, tie downs will be available on the north ramp after the show is over. Hangar space is also available for those that need it at Indiana Flight Center on the south side (reposition during departures after show).
- - No arrival or admission fees for fly-in guests
- - NO ENGINE STARTS UNTIL MARSHALLER SIGNALS
- - All departures will taxi out of parking in the same direction
- - Wait to contact ground until #1 from parking
- - Slow and careful operations will help all of us ensure a safe show